Re: [CQ-Contest] Ohio is now West Coast - rebuttal

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ohio is now West Coast - rebuttal
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 22:38:30 -0800
On Sat,2/27/2016 1:21 PM, James Duffey wrote:
N2IC is only a poor example because he does not support your hypothesis.

To call his location a mountain top is a bit of an exaggeration, at least for New Mexico. Mesa yes, mountaintop no. Maybe in IL, but not in NM. :^)=

I've studied his QTH in Google Earth. It's a QTH with a significant terrain advantage. Do you also dispute that he's nowhere near the west coast? Do you dispute his path to EU is far less impacted by the AU oval relative to stations on the west coast? I've studied this factors using DX Atlas. They are not trivial.

Single exceptions fail to disprove the facts! How about simple statistics -- in virtually any ARRL or CQ DX contest, compare averages of top scores from W6 with W1.

73, Jim K9YC