Re: [TenTec] Radials

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radials
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:40:56 -0600
A good reference on the subject of Vertical Antennas is the following
paper-back book:

The Amateur Radio Vertical Antenna Handbook by Capt. Paul H Lee, USN(Ret),
N6PL.  It is part of the CQ magazine technical series.  It is published by
CQ Communications Inc, 76 North Broadway, Hickville, Ney York 11801 USA.  My
copy is the second printing of the second edition dated 1996.  I got my copy
from Associated Radio, 8012 Conser, Overland Park, KS, 66204, phone
913-381-5900, www.associatedradio.com .  They may have another copy left.

The book covers many topics of interest beyond just the subject of radials,
including ways of feeding and matching verticals.  There is an addendum at
the back devoted just to 160 meter verticals.  Captain Lee designed antennas
for the US Navy, and he really knows the subject very well and explains it
in a very understandable and useful manner.

I would recommend it to anyone who is contemplating a vertical antenna for
any band.

Jim, W8KGI