Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm@mendelson.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:42:06 +0300
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:25:50PM -0700, Rick Williams wrote:
> The survey suggests that T-T may have seen some issues
> as far as firmware development is concerned.  To even
> ask questions on "open source" or "would you pay for
> firmware" may show promise for future transceivers and
> corresponding firmware updates.

I don't see it at all. What I see is that someone from Ten-Tec has
been quitely reading the discussions we've had since the announcment
of the OII on firmware. Now that they are no longer spending all of
their time and money on developing a new product, they are taking the
time to go back and see what they can do to offer their customers what
they want.

This often takes a lot of effort to seperate the people who loudly complain
about wanting something and then fade away from the people who really want it
or are willing to pay for it.

Without casting any aspersions, there were enough people on here saying
"if you don't include this feature, I'm going to buy the competition
instead". Some did, others went to lists specializing on those radios
and said the same thing.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM