Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: K5XS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:49:55 EDT

Rick,

Please believe that I am truly not trying to be argumentative here.

But I truly wonder what you mean.  What "full potential" is the  Orion II not
reaching?  Are there some specific performance parameters that  you know
could somehow be better improved with firmware changes?

I operate about half CW and half SSB (with a smattering of digital modes
thrown in).  And aside from a too-generous s-meter, I don't know what I  need
help my Orion II somehow achieve more of its "potential."

Am I missing something here?

(And now that I've written all this, I realize you may be talking about the
Orion (as opposed to the Orion II that I have...).  If so, my apologies,
because I know nothing about how an Orion performs.)

Thanks and 73,
Bernie K5XS

In a message dated 4/16/2008 6:26:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,