Re: [TenTec] Question....way out there.....

To: k4avx1@windstream.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question....way out there.....
From: Richard Tschur <richard.tschur@schieb.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:58:11 +1100
Hi John,
nice present for sure! The 405 is designed for a maximum input of about 3-5 watts, better 3 watts, as if you overdrive it, it will damage the output finals! 3 watts will give you nice 50 watts from your amp. I bought a 405 amp a while ago and the output power was only about 15 watts, due to excessive input!
Nice radio and even nicer amp;-)! You have a good combination there!
Have fun with it!
73's de Richard VK3KVK
P.S. If you need a pdf copy of the manual (amp), let me know!