[TenTec] Mating the TT Model 405 Amp to the Argo 6

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mating the TT Model 405 Amp to the Argo 6
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:18:58 +0100
Hi Guys,

I just drew up the plans on how to do this simple mod.
It requires only one additional component:  an RCA Phono jack that must be
mounted to the rear panel, plus a couple inches of hookup wire.

Once modified, the Carrier Operated Relay function no longer functions.
However this can be reversed in a couple of minutes.
Or you could add a switch to enable both methods.

Even if you run an Argonaut (505/509/516), I still recommend performing this
mod and then adding two transistors to the Argonaut to implement open
collector AMP KEY switching, like all other radios have.  I can explain how
to do that too if needed.

Once this mod is completed, all you need is a cable from Pin-8 and ground of
the Argo 6's ACC jack on the back panel.  It plugs to this new jack on the
405.
REDUCE POWER TO 3 WATTS.
Your ready to rock and roll with 50w!

I placed it in the files section of our group.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)