[TenTec] Model 405 & Argonaut 6

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 405 & Argonaut 6
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:41:14 +0100
The Model 405 Amp uses carrier operated relay for switching its T/R relay.
As such, RF hits the box before the relay has keyed.

There is a simple mod to prevent this.
Modify the amp to enable it to be keyed by any open collector circuit.
Then it can be keyed safely by the AMP KEY signal from pin 8 of the Argo's
accessory socket.

I have posted the information to do this in the Argonaut 6 Yahoo!Group files
section.
I couldn't find any way to post it here in the contesting.com TT group.

If anyone needs it, send me an email directly, to
Rick at DJ0IP dot DE

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)