Re: [TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x8' tower footing

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x8' tower footing
From: Eugene Jensen <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:08:40 -0400
Couple of thoughts. First call the concrete plants and find the per yard
delivered price around here no truck charge after 5 yards. Can you back the
truck to the hole or do you have to pump it? The reason is this is a fix
cost and it will tell you a lot about the contractor up front. Two: times
are hard with the home contruction down call the outfits that were doing the
foundations and you just might find one who jump at even a small job like
this. And with slow times, you will be getting the best of the crews as
these men work first in these companys. They will knock this off and it done
when you get back from work. Two days it would be a done deal. I just called
a friend over in NYC and he said $2000 to 2500 would be a fair range. 73
Gene K2QWD