[WriteLog] Erratic Cw

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Erratic Cw
From: stephen.b@cytanet.com.cy (Steve B)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:52:25 +0300
Once the file gets over a certain size (at a guess over 900 QSO's)  it is
going to tie up CPU resources while it is doing the backups.

I manually start the backups  <<CTRL S>>  after every 3 or 4 QSO's, should I
hit my  Function Key to start the CQ string immediately following the CTRL-S
then the CQ call will be interrupted.

However, if you hit the CQ button first and then hit CTRL-S then the buffer
will allow the call to be sent without interruption.

I found it could work in my favo(u)r by send the string  "CQ DE
......<interruption> ..... ZC4BS" immediately following a QSO that gap will
allow the TX to go into RX condx and I could hear stations calling that
didn't realise I had started sending CQ again.

All a case of timing  ;-)     Not a problem with the program, just an
idiosynchrasy !!

Homepage: http://www.stevebb.com

email: steve@stevebb.com