[WriteLog] Erratic Cw

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Erratic Cw
From: Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 03:39:19 -0000
Going to the external keyer can mask the basic issue although may give some
what better keying.

If the root cause IS RFI, the keyer lets you think the problem is gone, but
one might start to see other subtle problems which the user may or not
associate with the original observation of poor keying.

Interrupting keying by another task should always give a lengthened element.
The keying routine get interrupted just after turning on the RF or just
after turning it off - giving long dots, dashes, or spaces.

RFI and perhaps corruption in the machine can yield truncated elements.