[WriteLog] Erratic Cw

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Erratic Cw
From: k6rb@baymoon.com (K6RB)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:21:34 -0700
Here are my observations about the erratic CW problems on my end. They occur
randomly and infrequently. They are always associated with hard-disk
activity in my laptop, but not the writelog "save" function. My gut tells me
it's not an RFI problem - when I've had RFI screwing up a keyer, it was
frequent. I probably won't spring for the $215 for a W5XD keyer because it
doesn't happen enough to me to warrant the expenditure, and I can't see
myself ever doing SO2R operation. But from the number of people who seem to
be having this problem, and the variety and speeds of computers involved,
I'd say it is some issue with Windows and not speeds or feeds. It also
happened with another Windows program I've used, so I don't think it's a
WriteLog problem, either.