Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:04:51 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Todd,

The best way to ship heavy transformers and chokes I've found is to use a
piece of wafer board. You cut out 1 piece of 1/2" wafer board to the inside
dimensions of the box your shipping in. Next, you drill it for the bolt hole
pattern of the transformer/choke. Then, mount the transformer on the board.
Slide the whole assembly down in the box. Last, pack the box with brown
shipping paper very tight. The board keeps the transformer in the middle of
the box where it cant move. On the height, just pack it heavy with the brown
paper or a built up piece of cardboard glued together.

Best,

Will