Re: [Amps] New HF amplifier

To: "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New HF amplifier
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:14:58 -0400
I'll try to refresh your memory since it was in my reply.

"I did have a small part in the final design of the tank circuit when they
> encountered a problem that had them stopped...  I made a suggestion...
> They tried it... They liked it...  It is an excellent amp..."

Do you remember typing that?

Since you have a personal involvement I can understand your concern if its
questioned.  Im the same way but prefer to explain my reasoning behind a
design.

"I miss your point...
The point that I raised is that having taps on a toroid in the tank circuit
of an amp is poor engineering... "

Several appear to have a difference of opinion with that as I read earlier.
You claim that Alpha and others have poor engineering?  Or an EE college
professor??

Would you care to tell us why you believe they are wrong and you are right?

I wont bore you with my  55 year ham or professional credentials, Ive lost
track of the amplifiers Ive owned, built, helped design, or regularly repair
for others.

Carl
KM1H