Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 18:47:04 -0500
This is out-of-context proof-texting.

"technical skills" are not merely hardware.

IMHO, YMMV ...

I completely agree with WA3JPY.  You who want this all-inclusive,
let's all have a warm fuzzy because we all have ham tickets, ham radio
take note:

In Part 97, the FCC _requires_ licensees, who are the recipients of
_grants_ to continue to advance the radio art, by improvement of
communications _and_ technical skills.  Your license is a GRANT, in
the way a scholarship is a grant.  You are supposed to IMPROVE.

No, you don't get to blow off the technical stuff and play with some
toys if you want to be a legitimate grant holder.