Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:53:30 -0500
Not being a 75m DXer, Saturday evening I also unknowingly landed in the
"window".  I was promptly
(and politely) asked to QSY by one of the "window police".  Wanting SS QSO's
more than an argument,
I moved on.

After seeing N7MAL's posting, I got to thinking about this window.  The IARU
bandplan for all
regions show SSB frequencies available well below the US allocation.  With the
"foreign-only" phone
band just 40kHz below, starting at 3750, I'm not sure I understand the purpose
of this window. If it
is to get the DX in the clear, there is plenty of room below 3750 (for now).
Surely it isn't simply
because they don't want to operate "split"??

Ted W4NZ