Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:29:11 +0000
Kelly Taylor wrote:

>...I offer the following thoughts on band plans
>from the very ARRL whose rules Mal is basing his argument upon:
>
>You'll note that it comes down very clearly in favour of 'reasonable'
>accomodation of contest activity contrary to band plans, calling frequencies
>and, by extension, DX windows.

Kelly, you may be technically correct and "win" that battle here on this
(contest-oriented) reflector, but everyone blindly following that advice
will help contesters lose the more important war of public opinion.  If
contesters *don't* make some attempt to leave open spaces, we'll
*totally* offend every other operating segment out there!

I remember the "good ole days" when we didn't start domestic CW contests
below 3.530, 7.030, 14.030, etc.  So today we're "unable" to do what we
did a few decades ago, even with all the better technology (narrower RX
filters, etc.) at our disposal?   Doesn't speak well of us, to my mind.

Bud, W2RU