Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: 'cq-contest reflector' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:26:03 -0600
Can't answer your question but I think you should consider option #4: they're not sure how to respond to a question that can't be answered with a F-key message.

I have heard from some operators who say they don't have a key at their operating position anymore. It seems to me anyone who's a serious contester must have pretty good keyboarding skills (and thus can use the control-K function in N1MM Logger or equivalent in other programs) but my experience with hams in general suggests that many less-than-serious ops can copy Morse a lot faster than they can type.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66