Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 18:47:09 -0700
Keep reading. From the Field Day FAQ:

Q. What equipment at our Field Day site must be operated off of the emergency
power in order to claim the 100- point per transmitter bonus?
A. You must operate all transmitting and receiving equipment from emergency
power. If you use a computer to control or operate the radio, it also must use
emergency power. If the computer is used only for logging and is not keying the
transmitter, it does not need to be emergency powered.

I doubt you used Computer logging and CQing for all of those 41 years, but if
you use one for controlling (not just monitoring) the transmitter this year, it
better be run from emergency power.

Jack B, W6FB

>>> www.ac0c.com