Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking

To: W5GN <w5gn@mxg.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:26:26 +0700
The contest scoring critiques have shown that the scoring is incoherent.
The technique was ok when the contests were invented... for a few N. East
Coast American stations.
Giving the S. Caribbean incentive to get on the air with extras, did its
job.  Slanting the field against low population areas while rewarding
working them worked.   Rewarding low power transmitters kept more high
power guys out of top contention, by giving lo pwr something to do.

Do a sociological examination of who and why the rules were made as they
are to see who benefited and who did not.

Now days, more than Americans want to enter and do well... oh oh.
73, Charly

Charly, HS0ZCW