[CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 17:05:02 -0500
I think I broached this subject before, but got no significant response.
Conversation with some of the other op's at a M-M this past weekend, and
seeing W1VE's 3830score post for ARRL DX CW prompts me try again.

Let's say I'm in Winnipeg for RAC Canada Day contest -- VE4VTR (me) and
VE4EA and a couple of other VE4 friends use VE4EA's station for a M-S
effort.

Let's say that VE4EA also realizes his hope of a concurrent remote
operation -- say, part time -- of VY1AAA.  We're all in the same room.

It sure would be easy for VE4VTR to know when/where to find VY1AAA. But
let's keep it honest.  'VTR will go after the YT mult only when it's
spotted, and 'AAA will not self-spot.

So, 'VTR sees the spot, pounces on it, and calls VY1AAA.  The path is poor,
and copy is difficult, but thanks to ESP (and maybe copying the transformer
hum, like I used to do with my ARC-5) they make the QSO.

Should that count?

What if the remote worked only VE4VTR.  Is that not allpowed?  (I did not
ask "unethical".  This question is about the rules as they now stand.)

What if I operate both the local station and the remote station myself for
the QSO?  Should that count?

73, Art K3KU