Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 16:30:59 -0800
Can you imagine if you could remote to some really rare sections in the SS and not work anyone but yourself? 73
Tom W7WHY

It seems that the rule from ARRL Field Day (yes, I know, but it has rules and is listed on the Contest page) should apply:

6.1. A person may not contact for QSO credit any station from which they also participate.

That would preclude an operator from contacting their own station from remote stations, or at least require someone else to be operating the remote station. I suspect this is really the intent being discussed. It just does not seem right for a station to be able to
fabricate contacts with what is essentially themselves.

The HMO operations use a unique call for each operation. Thus an operator has no opportunity to contact themselves. HMO operation generally precludes a stint in a M/M station, which is the point, to increase the number of stations entering scores
for a single club.

- Jack, W6FB