Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: w5prchuck@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 15:56:58 -0400
Hi Chuck,

The new 6600 (announced @Xenia) will also do SO2R as well. It also has 50dB
preselectors so less reliance on bandpass filters to filter out nearby
strong signals.

The key is that it has two SCUs (spectral capture units) which are the ADCs
and other hardware to digitize the RF spectrum. Two independent SCUs are
needed for SO2R. Only the 6700 has it right now but the 6600 will have it
as well.

73
Ria, N2RJ