Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 END OF LIFE!

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 END OF LIFE!
From: Darko Budor <b@vodatel.hr>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:06:53 +0100
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:37:47PM -0500, Kevin Knuth wrote:
> Dukor,

Huh?

> I am suprised you cannot change the frequency remotely.  Latency should not
> be the issue, it sounds much more like an RF issue.  Regardless of the
> software, you still have to have good RF for wireless to work well.

Well of course it's an RF issue. Why do you think I wanted to change the
frequency anyway?

Now, hold your breath and read this twice befoure you tell me again that
it's an RF issue.

Look at this scenario:
1. I setup a link that's working ok.
2. Some a**hole puts another link on the same freq and no karlnet some 50ft
   away from the CPE location.
3. I have 900ms RTT, and 10% packet loss.
4. I have to drive there to change the bloody channel.

Look what could help me:

1. changing channel with a single SNMP set request.
2. command line interface. Telnet works fine with 900ms RTT and 10%loss.
3. satellites should IMHO pick the frequency from the base
4. teleport

brgs,

--
Darko Budor <budor (at) vodatel (dot) hr>