Re: [TenTec] Old vs New = crunch time

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Old vs New = crunch time
From: Mr Mike <kf8zn@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 04:01:46 -0800 (PST)
Roger,

I have both an OMNI VI and a Pegasus. I would suggest you get the Jupiter, and
computer control it. Having said that, it is a tough call between the 2 rigs.
The Omni VI has Specifications that show a BIT better receiver than the
Jupiter, but as a mere mortal, I find both rigs Fantastic, let others argue
specs.

As far as Compter Control, Unlike most times when one inserts a computer into
the mix, using one to control a TT rig is actually a help, not a hindrance.

SO, call and order the Jupiter, Operators are standing by =0)

AC2Q
So the question is "If you wanted a relative simple radio for CW work (use
is 75% rag chew; 15% contest; and 10% DX)and you had to keep the cost down,
would you opt for an older rig such as a Corsair II or a software driven older
rig such as an Omni VI or spring for something in the price range of a new
Jupiter? My budget is somewhere between $600 and $1800 which rules out a number
of options.

Any constructive thoughts would certainly be welcome either off-line or on the
list. Thanks and 73s
Roger Rippy W7RIP