Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues and other station high voltage precautions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues and other station high voltage precautions
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:54:36 -0400
All my ground loop problems went away after Bob, K4TAX, and Jim Brown,
K9yc, talked about this same thing on another reflector a couple of
years ago.   It now seems so blamed obvious...   like smacking your
forehead, and yelling,
"Sheesh... I could have had a V-8!)

ALL the stuff in the shack that interacts with any other stuff -
inducing transceivers, computers with sound cards, active studio
monitors (speakers),  DSP audio filters, etc,  -- all run off the SAME
heavy duty AC main line.   Voila... no more buzzing.   No more isolation
transformers.

Best thing I did when buying the house was to build the wife the kitchen
of her dreams... and the next best thing was to run extra AC lines to
the shack while the floor was all torn up.