Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR

To: "dj7ww@t-online.de" <dj7ww@t-online.de>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 17:28:30 +0000
Peter,

WOW  great looking installation.  RGR on working alone. I have had help  at
times but most of the time it’s just me and the station was designed for that.

As for weight compensation  it first came into play with me was  building the
famous  W2PV-4 antenna  they were side mounted and I ran into trouble with the
ganged element  at the driven/reflector and 1st  drive element all grouped
close together.   So I used  aluminum angle  stacked and  banded to the end
boom to achieve a balance at the mounting  point.

Wayne W3EA