[VHFcontesting] REMINDER:CQWW VHF Contest and CU2QSO Pioneers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] REMINDER:CQWW VHF Contest and CU2QSO Pioneers
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Mon Jul 21 16:57:19 2003
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 07:21:52PM -0600, Bob Witte wrote:

> If you really want to get back to basics, no computers should be used at
> all, right? Only submit written logs, perhaps on some form of parchment. :-)

Well, yes - it could be taken to that extreme.

However, I think the point I was trying to make was - that for many of us,
the act of listening to the radio and decoding what information is there
is more fun when the human does it - and not a computer.  This is where
the "magic" of radio meets the road, and removing that component of the
experience reduces the "fun" aspect of the experience to the point that it
is no longer a desired pastime.

Other advances (logging programs, fancy transceivers and CQ machines) do
not intrude into that experience.

Tree