Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

To: "James Hayes" <jhayes9424@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?
From: "Michael A. Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:28:39 -0500 (CDT)
> QUESTION:

> Other than that why not email everyone we know who does the VHF contesting
> and have them email the h#$@ our of the ARRL until the take notice that we
> don't want our fun to go away.

Mike wrote

I agree with you but let me play devil's advocate for a moment.  How many
email reflectors can each of think of, or are members of for VHF
activities.  A bunch right?  I can think of at least 3 national reflectors
for 50 MHz, a couple each for 144 MHz / 222 MHz / 430 MHz, rovers / etc /
etc / ad nauseum.

IMHO if you're going to eamail a bunch of people get them to all join this
reflector if they are not already a member, so that they can stay abreast
of the issues.  The reason I suggest this reflector is that IMHO it is the
one that would reflect a broader scope of the VHF spectrum.  I personally
don't have time each day to go poking around on a half dozen or so
web-sites for the hobby just to keep up with things.  I'm sure there are
people who do and would be willing to help the rest of us up to date.

NOMEX on and awaiting flame mail :-)

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com