[VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 for Contesting

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 for Contesting
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 09:16:37 -0500
The DX Shop makes a PTT Breakout box for the IC-9700. Not expensive itself,
but the postage puts it around $100.  I completely agree that ICOM should
have included this capability.  I "upgraded" from an FT736R which I had
used since its inception, but some parts were becoming obsolete.  I held
out hoping that Yaesu would bring out an updated version of the 736.  That
radio was much more user friendly (no menu upon menu) and had the PTT
breakout built in.  It also had 222MHz capability.  I guess that's progress.