Re: [Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?

To: Peter Voelpel <dj7ww@t-online.de>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:09:28 -0700
Good point.

If I lower the swing to 3800 and raise the current to 658mA to keep the same dissipation, the guesstimated plate load impedance drops to 3610 ohms. Lowering the Q to 10 then puts the loading cap to 923pF @ 1.8mHz, which works.

(I'm also using 3uH of "lead" inductance left of the PI network to help mitigate the capacitance issues at higher frequencies. That raises the load side capacitance requirement slightly on 160M, in case someone tries to work these numbers)

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI