Re: [Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Louis Parascondola" <gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:54:23 -0400
All 3 of the Command Tech amps 1/2/3 tubes used a single toroid switched for 40, 80, and 160 followed by the balun. It was the switched pi net toroid that caused problems.
On the 6M amp they also use a balun.

When Palstar bought the line they went to 3 seperate toroids and kept the balun.

Ive worked on several of all models from both companies and havent had a balun problem but none were used for RTTY that Im aware of.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Louis Parascondola" <gudguyham@aol.com>