Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:43:02 -0500
To make it clear, I've never tried this so I'm not speaking from personal
experience.

But it seems logical to me that if a vacuum relay is required for the voltages
and duty involved, then a bandswitch is out of the question as well, isn't it?
My thought is that, putting aside questions around stray-L that might arise
from the insertion of a relay, it's easier to find a relay with sufficient
contact spacing than it is to find a bandswitch with a large enough diameter to
maintain the same spacing between contact elements.

I guess these sorts of problems is why it's called engineering and not science!

Al
AB2ZY