Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:40:01 -0500
There is nothing wrong with that bandswitch at that power and a good thing about the Load cap is that it has several wiper surfaces to handle the current unlike what is in most commercial amps. The spacing is fine for maybe a 3:1 VSWR of any flavor and maybe more. It is basically a pair of early Heath SB-200/220 TRW caps in series.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>