Re: [Amps] SS amps and auto-tune. Is it even necessary?

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps and auto-tune. Is it even necessary?
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:16:13 +0000
Another option to “rolling your own” higher power SS amp is to combine
commercial amps. As W2SC has noted, combiners/splitters are simple and
reliable. I have two KPA500s running in parallel, which while not full power is
closer. And as long as the antenna swr stays below 3:1 also allows the use of
the KAT500 to touch up any odd antennas.  Add a set of A/B relays and I use the
combination switched between radios in SO2R.

Ken K6MR