Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, "Barry" <w2up@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:10:17 -0000
Thank you very much for your opinion Mike. You have hi-lited the problem very
well. The rule of the land today is anyone can break/bend any rule as long as a
justification can be dreamed up. You are clearly saying if you are not
officially in the contest you don't need to follow the rules of the contest.
Amazing convoluted logic...
Here is rule 3 for Stew Perry:
""3. Categories: Single operator or multi-operator.  Remote or packet
   spotting shall not be used.  All transmitting and receiving antennas
   used must be within 100 km of each other.""

It clearly says no packet spotting, It doesn't say it's OK to spot if you are
not actually in the contest. At some point the contest rules must mean
something. For those who were not aware of the rules several times
announcements were made on the cluster system. Here's just one :
""17 Dec w1to (1833Z) : Stew Perry rules don't allow packet""

Maybe 1 or 2 of the guys didn't know the rules of the contest but guys like
K1TTT, who was probably the worst offender, is very well aware. K1TTT has made
it very clear, on this mailing list, he will not, and does not, support any
effort to stop/curtail spots in any contest, obviously including contests that
specifically don't even allow spotting.

There is obviously no solution to this as long as guys make lame, yes lame,
excuses and other guys blatantly, with malice, thumb their noses at the rules.
73

MAL              N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia