Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: N7MAL <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:04:19 +0000
Mal,
I agree with Mike 100% on this one.  How can you expect Joe Ham tuning
the bands to know the rules for a contest he happens upon?  The bands
are open to hams around the world, restricted only by their government's
rules.  Do you seriously expect a casual operator to be aware of every
rule of every contest he tunes across?

There are plenty of times, when tuning acorss the band, I give out some
contest QSOs in events I do not submit a log.  I learn the exchange and
away I go.  If the rules say 100W only, I don't care.  If the rules say
sending with your left foot only, I don't care.  I'm not an entrant.  I
can do what I want.
73,
Barry W2UP

Barry Kutner, W2UP