Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.

To: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:28:44 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks, John.

For clarification:

DC counts as a multiplier in the three ARRL non-section, non-grid contests:  10
meter, RTTY Roundup and DX.

DC counts as a multplier in the CQ WW 160 contest.

DC rightly does *not* count toward WAS, as we aren't *not* a state.  Funny,
though, as I get a lot of QSL card requests from those claiming to need it for
something... county hunters? The District isn't broken down by counties, and I
don't believe there's a "Worked All Area Neighborhood Commissions" or "Worked
All Wards" award!

Thanks for your support. I hope the NCJ contest manages will take quick action,
as the FQP and GA QSO Party folks did.

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
"taxation, but no multiplier representation"