Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier andNot asPartofMaryland.

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier andNot asPartofMaryland.
From: Steve Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:00:36 -0400
David Gilbert wrote:
> The author of the post I was replying to used the argument that DC
> should be a multiplier because otherwise Eric and other DC hams didn't
> have much incentive to enter the contest if they had to compete against
> the larger Maryland stations.
they are competing against stations in a different state.  in my mind
it's no different than stations in Delaware having to compete against
stations in Pennsylvania or Oregon - it's as arbitrary.  the biggest
stations in DC are very limited in antenna space - only those that are
on a few office buildings or a Smithsonian have much room to work with -
why operate if you have to compete with Formula 1 cars and you can only
go fast and turn left?

-Steve, WM3O