Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22

To: Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net>, "Chris \(DL8MBS\)" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>, Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
Igor,

That is true of the 2010 WRTC Competition, but not the qualifying competition
to win a position on a team going to WRTC.

I do not think we are talking about the same thing, as anyone can play in
IARU/WRTC and certainly teams can be put together in a given region, as you
have pointed out with the Ural group. But those teams are not direct
competitors with the folks who will be set up in the fields outside of Moscow
(or the folks who went to Brazil, etc.).

Maybe you are suggesting WRTC style competition, using the same setup and
judging as the "real" WRTC group. That is an interesting idea. Has anyone
written anything on how the UCG goes about running such an event? It would be
interesting to read about...

Cheers,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366