Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:28:50 -0500
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Barry <w2up@comcast.net> wrote:
> The skimmers suck.  In SS, I'd estimate 50% busted calls and this is
> perfect, computer sent CW.

I know the sysops have decided not to do callsign validation (against
the contest callsign database) of the skimmer spots before putting
them out on the RBN network  but I'd rethink that decision during
major contest periods.  The vast majority of running stations are
going to be in that database.  The benefit of cleaning up many of
those busted calls far outweighs the risk of losing a few genuine
cq'ers who must be new to the game and thus not in the database.

Barry N1EU