Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 13:12:36 -0500
Hi Barry:

This is certainly not the case in a WPX contest (or even a CQWW) where a
LOT of new callsigns show up.  This would make the RBN feed MUCH less
useful for many, many users.

Maybe some flag could be added in the COMMENT field or, better yet, a
filtering option for the RBN USERS to control their feed.  The sysops
need to send everything!

I haven't seen ANYTHING like 50% errors.  It is true that, late in the
contest when I;vve worked most of the CQing stations, the unworked
stations list contain more busted callsigns - most of the good ones get
filtered out.  The traditional packet cluster has the same behavior.

73,

Mark, KD4D