Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerleading
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:10:34 -0700
Busted calls and mis-copied calls are not the problem of the skimmers or
the sysops.  Do you realize how many busted non skimmer spots there are
on a daily basis?

If you use the spotting network, it is YOUR responsibility to determine
which station YOU are calling and not rely solely on the spotting network.

If my son and I decide to operate seriously with his call that has never
been in a contest we should be penalized and not have our spots shown on
the network?  This sounds like a good ole boy cheerleader network to me.

The skimmer network does a really good job.  One of the sysops did some
checking and found the error rate was very very low.  Well below what he
expected.

If you don't like skimmer spots simply turn them off.  Same goes for the
packet network.

Skimmers provide instant propagation reports from your qth to DX
locations.  It also allows you to test antennas and see how each is
performing to a particular area with instant results.  No more having to
ask people the difference between A and B and hope you are getting good
data back.

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011