Re: [CQ-Contest] Handicap For Dirty Rigs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Handicap For Dirty Rigs
From: "George Harlem" <george.harlem@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:09:39 -0400
"...As I read the Rules, this puts anyone using them in violation of 97.307
(a)."

Yaesu has recently posted new software for the FTdx5000 to "improve the CW
keying bandwidth spectrum".  I will install the latest update in my FT5K, and
perhaps ARRL or another lab will publish test results similar to the data in
K9YC's September report based on the new software.  But until the FCC
officially decertifies the FTdx5000, I do not consider myself in violation of
97.307(a).

George W1EBI

---
is active.