Re: [Karlnet] Mistake in generating license

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Mistake in generating license
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:00:24 -0700
Doug, it's not the time to replace the license that bothered me, it was the
lack of feedback.  I thought I was being completely blown off, and I hope
you understand how some resentment would start to build up, as I didn't know
what to think.  If I had been given some idea that, yes, we do this, it's on
the way, it'll take X time, or if there was such a statement about this on
the Karlnet website (I searched for it, couldn't find it).   I just want to
know that it's in the works and so I can worry about more important stuff.

 I'm a relatively new user to Karlnet, and I made the mistake, but it was an
honest one that anyone not familiar with the software could make.  I'm in a
position of planning/sourcing as I build my network out, and there is no
need to unnecessarily get me all riled up.  Perhaps your managers need to
staff up for this kind of thing, as I understand that it's just you and
another person (who is traveling) that can handle these issues.  I'm sure
that this isn't that sensitive...if someone starts abusing the service, I'm
sure it would be easy to spot.  My guess is that these kind of mistakes are
made by new users...customers you want to encourage to stay with and learn
more about Karlnet.

Like your software, but think that your customer service and documentation
need some resources put in them.  You do a good job, Doug, I (and others, I
assume) appreciate your presence here on this forum and others, but maybe
you are being stretched a bit thin.

(And if you'd like me to send a copy of this to Doug Karl, I'd love to...)

Norm