Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:48:30 -0400
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral wrote:
Hi there

I did some tests with some 4.x builds I have that don't load any tertiary
firmware, and the retransmit problem does not exist when the base station
radio is using 8.10, however 8.72 and 8.74 firmware seems prone to a
retransmit condition of some sort.

is it possible to use karlnet 4.43k with a tertiary firmware other than
the one it loads? if so, how?

Hello,

Since my network seemed to reproduce some issues that Karlnet was chasing quite easily, I was given access to some development .bin files that did not load tertiary firmware. This is what I used as a basis for the retransmit comparison, as well as a standard 4.31 bin file. I am probably not at liberty to forward these files and I therefore politely ask not to receive any requests for them.

However, why would you want to? Are you seeing this retransmit problem or do you have other reasons?

Chris