Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:32:20 -0600
On 2003-Jul-09 at 4:39 PM Chris Conn wrote:

>4.43K may cause some problems for some people (I don't recall any being
>specifically described in this list...), however I as well as a number of

Problems with v4.43k firmware:

1> Wireless Link Test: the base station from which the wireless link test is
being run shows up in list of test partners. eg. A base station with a single
PC card can do a link test with it's self.

2> Wireless Link Test: the base station from which a wireless link test is
being run shows other base stations that are operating on different channels
with different NWID's.  eg. Base1 can do a link test with Base2 even though
Base1 is on Ch:1 & NWID:1 and Base2 is on Ch:6 & NWID:6

3> Uploading 4.43k sometimes forgets static routes.  Even though the route
still shows up under "Setup", "IP Router", the route is missing from "Monitor",
"IP Route".

4> A base station with 4.43k continuously (twice per second) sends SNMP trap
messages to any defined trap logger.  Messages are "Link Up" and "Link Down"

5> Tertiary firmware fails to load on some cards with 8.10 and 8.72 firmware.

I guess the question of up/downgrading is a matter of what problem you are
trying to solve.  I don't like trading a solution for a new problem or problems
so I've downgraded back to 4.31 everywhere.