Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Which F/W?
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:05:59 -0300
On 9 Jul 2003 at 16:39, Chris Conn wrote:

> The only finding I have with it is that it loads tertiary firmware of 8.74 to
> the Orinoco radios.  We have found this to cause mild to severe retransmit
> percentages in the base stations.  The simple fact of upgrading to 4.43K (and
> therefore the radio card to 8.74) made all satellites jump from 0-0.5%
> retransmits to 2.5-5% retransmits across the board.  Anyone else notice that
> their retransmit counters are higher with 4.43K?

Yes,  I noticed that...  After the upgrade the retransmissons got higher.

also one bridge got completely deaf - both cards stopped working
and we needed to power cycle it. It's connected to a UPS, and that
never happen before (just one card at time, not both).

Regards,
Helio.-
CompuLand ISP Admin
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.compuland.com.br/helio/gpgpublic.txt