Re: [Karlnet] RE: Ping Jitter

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] RE: Ping Jitter
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:34:13 -0400
Bob Hrbek wrote:
The problem that I am seeing is not only dropped pings on links with perfect
SNR (25?) but complete outages for the CPE for a few minutes, sometimes.

This is affecting multiple sites.

Time for some spectrum analysis I guess.  I don't think that's the problem
though.   If I put the subnet on a 30 second ping monitor....everything
stays up....it's almost as if they are sleeping when not  used.

Hello,

I have seen this and this is somewhat site-specific. I never had this before 4.43k, however I had issues with satellites going offline indefinately. So, it is the lesser of two evils at this time. I am working to provide info as to how the current "blind radio" syndrome can be addressed. I am hoping the next version will resolve this. My current fix is to use an old 3.88 licensed CPE unit since it does not load tertiary Orinoco firmware; 6.08 firwmare does not have these problems, however if you use WEP, it is "less secure" since 6.08 will send out weak WEP IVs.

Chris