Re: [TenTec] new Orion group on Yahoo

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new Orion group on Yahoo
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:12:52 -0400

J. D. wrote:
I don't see the Yahoo privacy policy as an issue. If you don't input
accurate information in the first place, what is there to fear? Put
anything in but the real information. Let them share bogus information -
who cares! It's a great service, in spite of the ads that pay for it all.

Well, I think what you have to fear is that they have your e-mail address! (otherwise you wouldn't be getting the discussion group mail, right?) It may be fun to give them bogus marketing info like age, income, etc, etc, but that is a non-issue once they have your e-mail address and are sending you the legitimate reflector traffic, it would seem they also have your e-mail address for...surprise!...Spam! Even if they don't use it directly, I'm not sure that they wouldn't sell the e-mail list to others.

73/Carter/K8VT