Re: [TenTec] SteppIR Ten Tec Orion interface

To: "Jeff Griffin" <kb2m@comcast.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SteppIR Ten Tec Orion interface
From: "Torrey L. Mitchell" <torreym@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:58:53 -0500
Jeff.

My SteppIR control box turned out to be the beta-testing box for this
interface.  SteppIR had my box (with weekly apologetic messages) for about a
month until they figured out the interface change.  Problem was the 57.5 kb
interface speed which they hadn't considered when they designed the control
board.

Anyway it has worked just fine since I got it back using the same cable as
before.  It now works for both my Yaesu MarkV and the Orion.  I did order a
Y-cable from SteppIR so I could use simultaneously my computer and the
SteppIR control.  So far it hasn't worked for me...maybe I don't understand
something :(

I don't know anything about the ICOM interface.  Have you tried it with your
Orion?

Torrey N9AUJ